Thursday, October 22, 2015

Will You Wear Your Engagement Ring On Your Wedding Day?

Many Brides-to-be have asked me what they should do with their engagement ring during the wedding ceremony.  Should they wear it on their right hand?  Should they put their engagement ring back on during the wedding reception?  Should they keep it on during the wedding ceremony? Should they just leave their engagement ring at home? 

My answer is "any of the above", meaning there is no right or wrong answer.  It is completely up to you so please don't be pressured by the opinion of others.  If your engagement ring can fit on your right hand, then feel free to switch it until after the ceremony.  If you want to leave your engagement ring at home, go for it!  If your fiance' decides to place both your wedding ring AND your wedding band on your finger during the ceremony, more power to you!  Some people go so far as getting both welded together so the rings become one. Whatever makes you comfortable is fine.  

Here's a tip: If your band interlocks with your engagement ring, you can have your fiance' practice hitching the rings together in advance of your wedding day.  Also, think about your wedding photographs.  Do you want just the band in your 'exchanging rings' pictures or do you want the entire set to be shown?  It really is up to you.  

When I got married almost five months ago, I thought about switching hands until my reception but my right ring finger is a different size so switching hands wasn't an option. In the end my husband placed both my engagement ring and my wedding band on my left ring finger during the ceremony.  I was very happy with our decision and my photos were awesome! 

Be traditional or be original...but mostly importantly...#behappy

~Your Favorite Wedding Officiant~







No comments:

Post a Comment

We appreciate your input!